On behalf of the Executives, Council Members and Staff of the Federation of the Islamic Associations of New Zealand, welcome to the official website of FIANZ. The Federation of Islamic Associations of New Zealand was established in 1979 and is a federation of several regional New Zealand Muslim Associations. Our Secretariat is located in our headquarters in Wellington.
In addition to providing a unified voice for the New Zealand Muslim community and an internationally recognised Halal certification procedure our objectives may be summed up as follows.
- To establish and maintain the highest standard of Islamic practice in accordance with the teachings of the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah.
- To undertake Daw’ah, education, welfare and other Islamic activities.
- To assist in the development, and strengthen the unity, of the Muslim community of New Zealand.
- To establish and foster good relationship with Muslim countries and International Muslim organisations and institutions.
- To promote and explain the message of Islam to the wider New Zealand community.
P. O. Box 14-155
Alhamdullilah, the Muslim community in New Zealand is united and is collectively working to uplift the well-being of our community. In this regard, FIANZ, with its main objective of upholding the Islamic values, has been playing the role as the driving force to maintaining unity of the Muslim community in New Zealand and ensuring that we are able to integrate well with the mainstream New Zealand community.
FIANZ is registered with the New Zealand government as an Incorporated Society.
Chinese Delegation Visits New Zealand
Recently a delegation from China visited New Zealand looking into the possibility of procuring halal meat from New Zealand. The delegation visited an abattoir where halal slaughtering of cattle and sheep is done under the supervision of FIANZ. It is hoped to further our contacts with them in the near future so we can increase halal meat export from New Zealand to China. This way we will be benefiting New Zealand and will also benefit Muslims here. May Allaah (swt) help us in this effort.
This piece is taken from the website of the Federation of the Islamic Associations of New Zealand (FIANZ).
See on-line at: http://www.fianz.co.nz/index.php